Tuesday, March 21, 2006

If you want to leave ISLAM in Afghanistan, you are dead

"We will cut him into little pieces," said Hosnia Wafayosofi, who works at the jail, as she made a cutting motion with her hands. "There's no need to see him.""

Soooo... in the western world it's OK to have a muslim neighbor, but in Afghanistan it's not cool to have a christian one. Actually, you will face death by been cut into little pieces.

"We are Muslim, our fathers were Muslim, our grandfathers were Muslim," said Abdul Manan, Rahman's father, who is 75. "This is an Islamic country. Imagine if your son told a police commander, also a Muslim, that he is a Christian. How would this affect you? It's very difficult for us."

You know what? I understand the tradition thing, since my family would get pretty upset if I convert to Islam. But they are not gonna kill me for that, would they, Dad? For some reason I think they would be more understanding if I choose buddhism though. Uhhhhmmm wonder why.

The western world has to review its tolerance speech if this sort of things keep happening. Wouldn't be better if we all tolerate each other and leave happily ever after? Wouldn't be?

No comments: